Find a Way
To live life well
Thoughts of the day
Your thoughts here…
A key to enjoying life is learning
learning new things and doing experiments to perfect some of those things. capturing the essence of life. The things that bring us join and we want to share with our friends and family and anybody who follows our blog constructively is a friend. For strangers who follow our blog it’s about inspiring them to try new things.
Travel Around the World
Find the joy in life!
Make the hard decisions when they need to be made like living more frugally so you get out of debt then avoid debt, then invest in your future. This can be literally money, but it is also building skills or building network. It can be being healthy inside and out. Struggles and overcoming a deficit make some of the sweetest or at least memorable moments in life. In the context of death you will see life blossoming around you. And if something or someone is truly crushing your soul then fight back. Be engaged but nurture yourself too.
Spaghetti squash with sausage
For fresh tomatoes, boil a pot of water deep enough to cover the tomatoes. Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato. Once boiling dip the tomatoes in the water for 15-20 seconds. They will peel easily when you pull them out. They likely will squirt out of their skins, but sometimes only the flaps of the x are loose and I have to pull the rest of the skin off.
1. In a dutch oven or sauce pan on medium-high, heat oil then cook onions, mushrooms, and garlic for 5 minutes. The onions will become translucent.
2. Add can of whole tomatoes, crushing them with your hands. Add herbs, pepper, salt and cook for 20 min at a slow boil until it starts to thicken.
3. In a skillet, cook sausage. Use a still spatula or wooden spoon to break the sausage into 1/2″ pieces. Add cooked sausage to the sauce.
4. In a microwave safe 9×13 inch dish with 1/4 inch of water place squash halves open side down. Microwave for 8 minutes on high then let sit for 5 min
5. Turn on broiler and set rack 9-10″ below broiler.
6. You are going to use the squash halves to serve the mixture so avoid puncturing them. Use a serving fork to scrape the squash out of the shells. They come out like a mass of noodles. Add them to the sauce and sausage mixture and stir it all up. (link to how to video)
7. Fill the shells with the mixture in layers, but first put 1.5 cups in a lunch container. Add some mixture to each shell and then sprinkle liberally with cheese. Add another layer of mixture then cheese. Then divide the rest of the mixture between the 2 shells and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the shells and the lunch portion. Taking a bit for lunch discourages the shells from overflowing.
8. Broil for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and brown, but not burnt.
Bicycle competition doesn’t inspire, but riding down the North Carolina coast does. Doing it with friends is better even with the additional challenges that brings. Motorcycle touring is an integral part of recharging and exploring. We love getting a little beach time where we can swim and snorkel. These are long-time loves.
Follow our journey
to stay up to date on our latest blogs, subscribe here